Numerous reports claim that Delhi has reverted to being a gas chamber. After Diwali, the national capital quality index showed a value of 506 according to the official air quality monitor known as SAFAR. And at 4 a.m., this number surpassed 999. People have been experiencing a variety of health issues as a result of the air pollution, including, but not limited to, dry eyes, red eyes, headaches, nausea, dizziness, cupping, sinus congestion, hypersensitivity, and shortness of breath. In this article, we will discuss 6 normal errors that can harm your wellbeing. Continue reading to learn more.
1. Taking Morning Walks Despite the fact that you should get some exercise on a regular basis, you might want to take drastic measures to deal with serious issues. Going for morning walks is not healthy because of the high level of air pollution.
As a result, if you want to protect your health from air pollution, you might not want to go for a walk.
2. Not Wearing Masks According to statistics, the level of air pollution is so high that engaging in outdoor activities for more than a few hours can irritate your respiratory system. Even though you need to leave your house from time to time, we recommend that you don’t forget to put on an N95 mask before leaving.
3. Taking no action to ventilate your home While air pollution in the outside world is a major issue, you must also address air pollution inside your home. Open doors and windows on a regular basis to let air flow through your house.
It is shockingly better to introduce exhaust fans in your kitchen and washrooms. Your home’s air flow will be improved as a result of these measures.
4. Not Opening Windows and Doors If you think you can avoid air pollution by closing your windows and doors, you need to reconsider. You will allow your home to breathe if you open the doors and windows for a few hours each day.
However, we propose that you don’t do so when the contamination level is at its pinnacle. Therefore, you must open your windows and doors at night.
5. Ignoring Traditional Treatments When it comes to treating respiratory conditions like asthma and difficulty breathing, it is also a good idea to use traditional treatments. You might want to inhale the steam, for instance, if you want to clean your airways. You’ll be able to check that your airways are clear with this practice.
6. No Plants At Home
In the event that you keep up with your home nursery, you can partake in a great deal of advantages. It can, for instance, help you clean the air inside your home. In fact, many indoor plants can significantly purify the air inside your home. Aloe vera, spider plants, and ivy plants are among the best choices for plants.
In short, if you want to keep your family and yourself safe from air pollution, you should avoid making these common mistakes.